Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Homecoming

When we arrived back to Columbia in the late afternoon I thought I would be exhausted and ready to collapse from our long day of travel, and I was right.  I wanted nothing more than to find a quiet spot to sleep the day away but since the dorms at USC are closed I have to stay on couches until this class is over. So while at the airport, when everyone was seeing their loved ones and making big plans, I was finding a place to stay. Luckily I had no problem with that and was able to get a good nights sleep to help combat the on setting jet lag.
The next day the group had to meet at noon to start working on our projects. A lot of people were still tired from the flight and many had jet lag so starting this project was not going to be as easy as I thought. Also when your in Germany for two weeks taking photos and videos of just about everything you see it gets kind of difficult to sort through them all and find what you need. We worked on our project for about four hours the first day and about half of that was just sorting through everything we had from Germany.

After we finished working on our project for the day I went with my friend back to his apartment and we hung out by the pool for a while before we both crashed and fell asleep. We fell asleep early and woke up really early. I set an alarm for 9:30 and woke up at 7:00 and couldn’t fall asleep.  When I came in to work on the project today I heard similar stories form everyone else. So I guess we are all still on German time.

No comments: